Smoothie are one of my favorite ways to add extra nutrients into my day that I may not always get through meals. If you’re not big into eating breakfast smoothies can be a incredible meal replacement to give you a little post coffee energy boost.
Some of the most frequent wellness related questions I get asked about as a health coach revolve around digestive/ gut issues. The gut holds the second largest amount of neurotransmitters in the body next to the brain. Gut health is the ultimate key to overall health and wellness. Healing your gut is about so much more than regular bowel movements and reducing bloat. According to nutritional psychiatry, your gut even plays a huge role in treating mental illness.
If you’ve tried making smoothies at home and they just don’t seem to turn out right be sure to read my tips on How to Make Better Smoothies at Home.
I created this smoothie recipe for the sole purpose of healing the gut and relieving digestive issues. Let’s take a look at the ingredients and how they help heal the digestive system.
This page includes affiliate links. If you click and purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products I trust and have personally used.
- Coconut Water: Aids Digestion & Prevents Bloating
- Dragon Fruit (Pitaya): High in Fiber
- Pineapple: Contains Digestive Enzymes
- Peaches: Reduces Inflammation
- Probiotics: Adds Good Bacteria to the Gut
- Aloe Vera Juice: Contains Digestive Enzymes & Relieves Indigestion
- Ginger: Reduces Gas & Nausea
- Raw Honey: Natural Prebiotic
Dreamy Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- 1 Cup Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Dragon Fruit
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Peaches
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Pineapple
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Small Piece Ginger Root
- 1 Serving Probiotics
- 2 Tbsp Organic Aloe Vera Juice
- Add coconut water to blender followed by all other ingredients
- Blend until desired consistency